Friday, August 9, 2013

Eid Mubarak 2013


I did 4 sorts this year just to keep it simple, the hearts I did last year as well but the other 3 were my first time try. Both the chocolate and the balls are gluten free which is always a bonus. I'm trying new ones every year to slowly find delicious ones that last well. I'm not to bothered about how they look, rather what they taste like ;) These all turned out really delicious, the chocolate ones are a recipe I got from a friend in Iceland and you store them in the freezer which is great for Eid preparation , the almond and the jam one I got from a french cake book Ive got and they are both very soft and rich in flavour and the little balls I got from this video. I did them last minute mainly just for the kids but they turned out much softer and better than I expected. I'm now testing how long they last and how they last in a freezer. So far so good, I'm slowly getting my collection together I would love some recommendations if you know of nice recipes. I know there are tons of recipes online but I like to have tried and tested hints. We don't have a big family around were we live so this was more than enough for us but Inshallah Id like to do more. How many sorts do you do for Eid if that is a tradition in your home?





and these are the Eid outfits for my kids (my 4 year old girl, 6 years old boy and 7 year old girl)


                                                    Inshallah you all had a happy Eid!

6 comments:

  1. Salam alaikum & Eid Mubarak to you and yours...beautiful photos & food...we try to get different types of sweets that's our tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. waleikum salam and Eid Mubarak to you too. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. eid mubarak...what a lovely family mash'Allah....I didn't bake any ...we always have a big group of friends and family so baking is not an option...I concentrate on the meal and buy cakes, guests always bring their own sweets ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmm a collection of leftover sweets/cakes from all the guests sounds good ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely dresses for eid. your sweets are delicious. Eid Mubarak to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate every comment and love finding out who comes to visit my little blog...thank you so much for stopping by ...